Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skunu2

skunu2

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:17 AM

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:41 PM

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading?

If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile.
Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior.
Standard diagnostic - Firefox
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 skunu2

skunu2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

Thank you Tmack.I am now formatting my pc for some antivius issue hopefully issue will be solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users