Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building New Computer...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hits109

hits109

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 18 February 2005 - 06:24 AM

hi, i am currenty tryin to build my first computer. but i have one problem. i havej connected everything like the power supply to the motherboard etc. but when i try to turn the power on, nothin happens. i hve checked all the connections, i used the moherboard manual to connect everthing. i noticed there is an Auxiliary connecton coming from the power supply which is not connected, but there is nowhere it goes. can some1 please help me??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:28 PM

Do you get a beep when you first turn it on ?
JTH

#3 hays47

hays47

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:50 PM

Recheck your front panel connections. Some times what is actually on the board differs than what is in the user manual. If you are building a pentium 4 that is what the auxilary connection is used for . if you are building an AMD based computer that auxilary connection is not used. Also reseat the main connector and check to make sure switch on power supply is in the proper position.
I plan to live forever , so far , plan is working.

#4 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:39 PM

Same thing happened when I built my first one. My problem was I didn't have the case power switch plugged in right.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users