Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Join Aol Instant Messenger Chats

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lanimilbus

Lanimilbus

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

For the past week or so I've been unable to send or recieve chat invites through AOL Instant Messenger. I thought it was just a temporary problem at first, but now that it's been going on for a week I'm starting to think it's going to stay like this. I host nightly AIM chats for my friends and I to get together and talk, so it's a pretty big problem that I'm now suddenly unable to create or join any chat rooms.
When I try to send a chat invitation to someone, I get this error message:

Sorry, AIM could not join room "X".
Please try again later.

And when someone else tries to send me a chat invitation, I get this error message:

Could not get information on chat room sent by inviter 'X'.
Please ask the inviter to try again later.

I tried downloading a newer version of AIM (I've purposely been using an older version: Version 5.2.3292) but the same thing happened. I tried completely uninstalling AIM and then reinstalling it, but no luck there either. I've tried using several different screen names, also all to the same result. Anyway, if anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users