Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Holiday Pics.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

Just back from a little holiday at the beach where this camera totin' old guy had a blast.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's more pics on my website.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

That's some nice shots, wildchild2.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 flashback30

flashback30

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:10 AM

Nice pics wildchild2 thanks for sharing

#4 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:14 AM

There was also a boat fire while we were there. About 100 yards away from the unit.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

Great pics Wildchild! Looks like you figured out how to do the nite shots! Beautiful shore, where did you go? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:21 AM

Thanks! I did a lot of experimenting with the night shots and I think I have it sorted.
At least I had plenty of activity to practise on :thumbsup: while I was there. I have a whole series of shots of that boat fire and subsequent activity. Not all turned out ok though as my son was taking the pics while I talked to emergency services.
I had rung them to report a person in the water calling out for help and was able to watch him and relay his position by phone to the people searching. Turned out it was the boat owner who had abandoned ship when it caught fire. We had passed the fire truck when we were coming back from dinner and wondered where it was going. They were looking for the boat on fire but didn't know where to look as the fire wasn't big or very visible at the time and the owner was a bit confused when he called it in. That all changed when the boats fuel tanks caught alight and it really went up. I was able to direct them to the fire but it was too far offshore for them to reach. By the time the fire boat arrived there wasn't much left to save.

Photos are taken at Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.

Edited by wildchild2, 12 November 2007 - 07:22 AM.

Posted Image

#7 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

Finally I have got my boat fire video online.
See it here
Boat Fire Video
Scroll down to the YouTube player.
Apologies for video quality. It was shot with a digital camera and it was a rather hectic time.
Posted Image

#8 huMAC

huMAC

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

Where did you go?

#9 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

Someplace where there was more than smoke on the water, that's for sure.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#10 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

huMAC- sorry, what's your question?

There certainly was plenty of "smoke on the water" that night. It was pretty toxic too, it eventually drove us inside the unit to get away from the smell. We could still smell it on our clothes and the deck furniture the next morning.
I forgot to mention that the night was windy and wet as well.
Imagine this scenario-me dressed in t-shirt, track pants and thick socks (no shoes) and glasses-cell phone in one hand, binoculars in the other-standing on a 3rd floor deck in the wind and rain-trying to talk to the emergency operator in a calm way. :thumbsup:
I had to abandon the glasses to see through the binoculars that my wife was covering with a towel to keep the rain off. I finished up dripping wet and stunk from the smoke.
When it was all over I just stripped it all off there on the deck (luckily it was night time) and had a really hot soapy shower.
Oh what a fun night! At least it wasn't me who spent an hour in the cold water.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users