Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There A Good Free Font Manager?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gary's Girl

Gary's Girl

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

So sorry, the ampersand and number symbol in the Topic title were an accident!

Anybody know a really good free Font Manager, or even a commercial one that is SAFE to download? I've been burned lately on downloading stuff - I purchased a spyware program that crashed my system and was very difficult to get rid of (thankfully I had the help of a malware expert here).

I recently did a system recovery and later copied some fonts I had a backup of from some time ago. I didn't realize I was installing over 700 fonts. Now I need to compare and delete a lot of fonts.

It would take forever through the Fonts thing in Control Panel. There has to be a better way, but I didn't see anything in the Free Software section on this site. I possibly could have missed it - there are so many!

I need to see the fonts together so I can compare them and be able to delete them from the same window. I tried something called FontList recommended by Microsoft - but that was pretty much useless, as I didn't see a way to delete fonts, just view them.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,
HomesickInTexas

BTW: I downloaded some free screensavers from a place called "themeworld.com" that was recommended somewhere here in bleepingcomputer (I think it was the Free Software section). They're great, but they brought A LOT of tracking cookies and MRUs with them - and a couple of things ZoneAlarm picked up called NOT-A-VIRUS.adware.win32. I've seen variations of that with other downloads. It isn't really a virus, is it? Plus one of the butterfly screeensavers had a trojan attached to its uninstall file. Fortunately I ran adaware and ZoneAlarm anti-virus and anti-spyware right after downloading them.

Edited by HomesickInTexas, 12 November 2007 - 07:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

I'm in the same boat as you, I found a couple of font utilities here. See what you think! :thumbsup:

Edited by FireKracker, 16 November 2007 - 07:28 AM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users