Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dr Watson Reboot Error?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pete07

Pete07

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

I swear if it's not one thing it's another with this system! I'm still trying to finish finding all the drivers to update my system, but now I'm getting an error that Says it's a Dr Watson Re-boot error. It states it can not finish post mortem due to... something something. UGH.

I know it's not much information to go on, I'll write it down next time it comes up, but I'm totally baffled by this. Has anyone else heard of it before & know what it is? I don't have a clue how to stop it coming up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

The POST is Power On Self Test which is the first thing that happens when you start you computer, it looks at all of the important components of your computer to make sure that every thing is in order before continuing to start the OS. The next time this happens please copy down what it says or make a screen shot and post it back here. You can also go into the control panel and Event viewer to see what errors are showing up at these times.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:03 AM

FWIW...I've never seen an error reported by Dr. Watson that seemed significant.

I rely more on error reporting in Event Viewer and consider it very unusual when I get a Dr. Watson error notification.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308538

http://www.pcanswers.co.uk/tutorials/defau...ubsectionid=607

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 12 November 2007 - 10:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users