Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod - No Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 I know nothing

I know nothing

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

Hello.

This morning I attempted to start my computer and got the BSOD. Of course, I got this before and I thought it was viruses again. Well, it wasn't. I cannot go into any form of safe mode and I have no idea what to do now.

It starts off with:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage from your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x862EB030, 0xC000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:26 PM

Do you have an XP CD? Some good reading about the problem here:
http://www.helpshare.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

This does not sound good. If you continue to receive this error I suspect your hard drive is about to go south. I would definitely backup any files and programs you've downloaded and make sure you've got disks for all your other software. I would definitely go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and download their diagnostic utility. I had the exact same thing happen to a laptop I only had for a little over a year. The hard drive was bad. That being said, you can always try a repair installation if you have a disk that will allow it.

Edited by Jazzgirl, 11 November 2007 - 06:17 PM.

#4 I know nothing

I know nothing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

I used my Xp disk and got it working again. Hopefully my hardrive wont like, break down or anything now. I backed up alll my file just in case.

:thumbsup:

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:52 AM

To ease your mind you still might want to run a hard drive diagnostics test like Jazzgirl mentioned
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 blakethornton

blakethornton

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html lists a ton of great freeware

The first post also has a section: "Hard Drive & System Utilites" there you will find the software you need to diagnose your drive

UltimateBootCD also contains several hdd tools, and is really handy.

Edited by blakethornton, 12 November 2007 - 08:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users