Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloads Freeze

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bernyx

bernyx

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

I can not download many things, eg, music files, updates, programs. For example, I keep trying to update the zone alarm free program, when i do, a dialog box opens that says 1% downloaded and just remains there. When i stop it and go to do it again, it will say 2% and then stop. Can anyone help?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18366/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Louis

#3 bernyx

bernyx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

I am running windows xp home. i have tried to update zone alarm, and also download ad-aware 2007. When i am prompted to run or save the file, I click save, then a dialog box opens that just stays on 1% of aaw2007.exe from software-files.download.com and just sits there. I have cleaned the registry, run smitfraudfix, and spybot. Let me know if I've supplied all the info you need.

Thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

Well...I'm curious why you are trying to update your firewall...and download/install Ad-Aware.

Does that mean that you think your system is infected and now you want to take preventive measures? If so, that could be why you cannot download any programs which might combat such.

The basic tool for checking system problems: What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Louis

#5 bernyx

bernyx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

well i was trying to update my firewall because it prompts me too because there is an update. Yes I am thinking it is infected. But nothing really seems to be able to download. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

There's a lot of missing information here, but if you are on a dial up connection the Zone Alarm update will take two to three hours to complete which would make it look like it has stalled.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 bernyx

bernyx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:58 PM

I have a cable connection, what information do you need?

#8 DVtriple6

DVtriple6

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Location:Inside my computer trying to figure out what things are
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

Try a download manager. It may help.

If you are using Internet Explorer /Firefox I recommend Flashget.
Just ask if you have problems installing/getting it integrated with your browser(s).
Posted Image

#9 bernyx

bernyx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

well it took a few tries to download flashnet, but it finally did. Then i was able to download the zone alarm update and adaware. Thank you, any idea though why nothing would download normally?

#10 bernyx

bernyx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

I'm now doing a adaware fullscan, it already says I have 246 infections detected

#11 DVtriple6

DVtriple6

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Location:Inside my computer trying to figure out what things are
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

Ya it can be malware or something causing it, but it is a common problem. Happy to hear Flashget is working though, it is supposedly faster than any other DL manager and no manager because of the way it downloads the files. ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users