Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Screen Goes Black, Screen Seemingly Loses Connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Youngy25

Youngy25

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

hi all, a recent problem has occurred with my computer. whilst playing games, i can play for a few minutes, and then a black screen appears, with sound looping and the screen status colour changes from solid green to flickering green. This is XP Professional by the way.

My system is as follows:
P5N-E Sli Mobo
C2D E750 2.66ghz
2.0 gb ram
XFX 8800GTS 320mb

The games in which this occur are as follows:
Team Fortress 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Guild Wars

However, what is strikingly odd about this problem is that it only occurs about 80% of the time. Yesterday, I managed to play Guild Wars, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion absolutely perfectly.

I have searched forums, and it seems this can be linked to overheating, but my temperature gauge on the front of the computer says I run at about 30 C most of the time, and the computer itself is not hot inside at all. All fans are spinning fine, no dust.
I have heard other issues such as graphics card drivers, and i have tried 3 different drivers, all of which did not overcome this problem.
Could it possibly be sound drivers? Or possibly something wrong with the motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 11 November 2007 - 12:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:15 PM

it may be bugs in those games, I'd check for any patches or fixes for them 1st.

#3 Youngy25

Youngy25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

i dont think its a problem in terms of each game, as it happens across the board on games based on Directx8 and Directx9.
the list in my original post are games that it has occured in, and could occur to any other games i have installed.

#4 Youngy25

Youngy25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

this problem is very odd, it has just occurred again on both Call of Duty 4 and Crysis, but I have not had any problems at all during the week....it seems as if it only happens on the weekend, as the last time it occurred was sunday 11th october.
i have no idea why this is happening, i fear its a problem with the motherboard, but im not 100% sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users