Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disappearing Taskbar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:15 AM

hey guys,

im a xp user and i have been experiencing some problems since i installed sopcast last night. I have since uninstalled it along with running a scan with adaware. I also removed some malware i found in the programs list called "command", theres another one called "network monitor" but it wont let me remove it.

The main problem i am experiencing right now is that my taskbar keeps disappearing and coming back every few minutes. if i have a folder open, like "my computer" or "c:", they wont come back when the bar comes back, but the programs will, like firefox and so on. Anyone know what the problem may be, it is very annoying.

Also, my browser is loosing focus of where i am, for instance, as im typing this, sometimes firefox just stops recognizing my keystrokes and i have to click inside the box again, this is also true for when im in a folder. if im scrolling, it will stop scrolling and i will have to click in the folder again to gain focus.

tia for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

ok, now the taskbar has disappeared and reappeared, this time missing the 2 programs im running (firefox and adaware) and the quick launch items minus the clock. my desktop items have disappeared also.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

Try removing the program in safe mode and while you are there run your security scans as this is the most effective place to do this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

that program is gone, i think adaware got rid of it.

so far, i have been opening the task manager, and killing the explorer.exe process
then running it again, that restores everything i had running back to the taskbar.

still not sure what the reason is behind this malfunction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users