Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accidental Delete - Can I Get It Back?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

Hi i have Windows Xp Home

I had like 30 files on my desktop and I tried to delete 2 and I pressed Shift Delete and ok fast. Then all the Files got deleted I thought I only had 2 highlighted
Can you help me get them back. I tried restore and didnt find them. Please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

A few people have had luck with http://www.pcinspector.de Also did you look in the Recycle Bin? The most important thing is not to use the computer until you decide what course of action to take and do the recovery. That way you have less of a chance of overwritting the files
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 10 November 2007 - 08:20 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:56 AM

I've had great results with Restoration. It's a very small utility used to restore deleted files. Most importantly, try not to alter your system in any way until you recover the files. This means: don't delete anything else, don't open or save files, and do not defragment your drive.

#4 Hauzer

Hauzer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:12 AM

To Recover these lost files, I would recommend you use "Recuva" brought to you from the same makers of "Defraggler" & "CCleaner" also known as an whole of "Piriform".

Anyways, I think you should try Recuva, heres the link to download.. http://recuva.com/download/downloading.

Once you've clicked the link, wait couple of seconds for the download to begin, but before you use this "Recuva".. I would like to show you couple of screenshots, to see if this is the correct one for you.

Edit: Removed copyrighted screenshot images. ~ Animal

Edit: Add link to screenshot images Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users