Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Script Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Doug747

Doug747

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:24 PM

Every time I turn on my computer I get a message that says:
Internet Explorer Script Error
Line 277
Char 2
Code 0
ActiveX can't create object "scripting dictionary"
mcp://C:\program\mcafee.com\agent\regwizui.dll::default.htm

What do I do?

* Also, I have recently had spyware/adware problems. I received help from a McAfee guy who downloaded a bunch of anti programs from this web site. It seems to be better but I keep getting this message.

Thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:20 AM

What OS are you running (Win98, WinME, or other) and when did this problem first occur? I had that happen one time upon a fresh boot and it just went away on its own. I did think it was odd since the only thing I had done was turn the PC on and all I thought it could be was some type of error in my desktop. When I rebooted though, it never came back.

When did the problem first occur and when did you get those programs and remove the spyware stuff you had?

Meanwhile, I urge you to click on the link in my signature below and get the HijackThis program. Follow the instructions there and post the log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. Our staff of experts will view it to see if something is still lurking around.

~67~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users