Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laser Or Inkjet Printer For Small Business?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deanpcmad

deanpcmad

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Hey,

Which printer is best for small business:
* Colour Laser Printer?
* Colour Inkjet Printer?

The ink runs out regulary on our Inkjet Printer so we are looking for a new printer. I said about a Laser Printer as they cost less to run (don't need to change cartridge/toner as much as the ink in an Inkjet.

But which one is best for a small business and personal use?

Thanks
deanpcmad

deanpcmad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:14 PM

I love my laser printer. When looking at different printers, look at the detailed specifications page. They usually break down the cost per page
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

I tend to think that output...should have a lot to do with the type of printer chosen.

I used inkjet printers at home for about 9 years, a period where I was more concerned with printing photos than documents.

Last year, I realized that particular pendulum had swung the other way...and I decided to start using a mono laser (very cheap).

Probably the smartest move I have made relative to computers in some time...

Today, I don't know if there is appreciable differences in quality for printing docs, but I suspect there are still qualitative differences when it comes to printing photos.

Louis

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:39 AM

When my wife had her business several years ago we had a laser printer. For documents I think it's better quality. Right now I have a laser and an ink jet. I use the ink jet when I want to do color and the laser for documents. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

depends on how much printing the business does in a month, and if it's mostly color or b&w.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users