Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lmfletcher

lmfletcher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

Hello. Like most people that come across this site, I am in trouble and need help with my computer. I've been trying to follow the on-line instructions for Spyware, Adware and Trojans. I need help and have additional questions. I will try and find the right forum to go to for that.

Is there anyway to find out exactly what has infected your computer and how much damage can be done?

Look forward to meeting and talking with some of you on this site.

Lisa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:22 AM

Hello, Lisa.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Just post your question in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum, and I'm sure, someone will be able to help you out.

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

Welcome to BC!
Follow TG1911's advice about where to post, and I am confident our Members can help you with your malware problems and questions.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 lmfletcher

lmfletcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

I have another question and I'm not sure where to post it. I do not want to mess up my line order for my HJT post. I posted my question on another Forum and they would not help me.

I would like to know, based on the results my searches have found, if I am severly infected by a Trojan Virus that can access my personal files? If so, then I will cancel my HJT post and proceed to a new post from a Reformat standpoint. I also need to start calling Financial Institutions to let them be aware of the situation and protect my identity. If not, then I will wait my turn, and clean up my system accordingly.

I do not want to panick and pull a chicken little with my fiancial institutions and change passwords and account numbers just to find out this is nothing but an adware virus and nothing more serious than that.

Can you please give me your opinion based on what I have posted in the "Am I infected" Forum? Also, these are the results to my searches:

Ran Ad-Aware - Detected 111 items
-Hacktool Netmon
-Win32 Trojan Agent
-Possible Browser Hijack
-GetMirar
-Win32 Trojan Downloader
-Win32 TrojanClicker
Re-ran Ad-Aware - Detected 4 items this pass
-Hacktool Netmon
-Win32 Trojan Downloader
-Win32 TrojanClicker
Re-ran Ad-Aware - Clean
Ran Spybot S&D - Detected 33 entries - attempted to Fix Selected Problems and it eventually froze up.
-LocusSoftware.BestsellerAntivirus
-Mirar
-Network Monitor
-Smitfraud-C
-Smitfraud-C.CoreService
-Targetsaver
-Virtumonde.generic
-Virtumonde
-Win32.Agent.qt
-Win32.Small.azl
-Yazzle
Re-ran Spybot S&D - Detected 25 entries - unable to get the Fix feature to work.
-Smitfraud-C.CoreService
-Targetsaver
-Virtumonde.generic
-Virtumonde
-Win32.Agent.qt
-Win32.Small.azl
-Yazzle
Ran Super AntiSpysweeper - Did not run at all on my computer
Ran Spy Sweeper - Detected 23 items
- icusurf
- purityscan
- maxifiles
- targetsaver
- command
- core adware
- yieldmanager cookie
- adrevolver cookie
- advertising cookie
- apmebf cookie
- atlas dmt cookie
- azjmp cookie
- casalemedia cookie
- directtrack cookie
- mediaplex cookie
- mygeek cookie
- questionmarket cookie
- mealmedia cookie
- startcounter cookie
- trafficmp cookie
- adbureau cookie
- tribalfusion cookie
- zedo cookie
Re-ran Spy Sweeper - Detected 1 item
- core adware
Ran Super AntiSpyware in Safe Mode - Detected 36 items - Quarantined and Deleted items
Downloaded Vundofix, VirtumundoBegone and documentation on How to remove - printed out and read
Ran Vundofix - Detected 1 file under windows/system/blcytfqdg.dll - Removed - still had problems
Ran VirtumundoBegone - Detected and cleaned several items - did not send over log
Downloaded updates for Super AntiSpyware
Ran Super AntiSpysweeper in Safe Mode - Detected Trojan.WinFixer - Quarantined and Deleted items

Based on what I have provided here. Can you tell me what kind of Virus infected my machine? Would it be possible for a hacker to make a copy of my files and extract them in a relatively short period of time? I do keep sensitive information on my computer and I am trying to get paperless and save my statements and reports as pdf files. These folders and files had no password locks on them.

If you could look at what I've done so far and provide me with a recommendation of proceeding further I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Lisa

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:47 PM

I posted my question on another Forum and they would not help me.

Lisa, the only Topics we have record of are Malware, Black Door Trojan, Browser Hijack, Adware, Mirar, Virtumonde and Malware, Browser Hijacked, Adware.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

I cannot/will not give you an opinion on the status of your OS.

Please do not post problems that you may be having in this forum. This forum is to be used solely for introducing yourself to our community.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users