Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bombtrack

Bombtrack

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

I get this error every time I try to run quick time. I have tried to uninstall it to try to reinstall it and it gets to a certian point and then says it can't go any further and stops. this effects my wifes itunes. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work. So I searched for microsoft c++ runtime library on google and it seems it might mean I have something on my puter that is messing up quick time. Any ideals? thank you for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:55 PM

A search on the net will show there are numerous reports of this error and most are not malware related. The error seems to be a common complaint with various causes (to include using registry cleaners) and possible solutions. What seems to work for one does not always work for another.

Try re-installing the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ run-time files - (this is a self-extracting executable file that also installs the latest operating system components). After download, double-click on vc6redistsetup_enu.exe to extract the setup file to a temp folder on C:\ - (if you don't have a temp folder, then create one before continuing). You will be presented with an End User License Agreement. Click Yes to accept the license agreement. In the box that asks "Please type the location where you want to place the extracted files", click Browse, navigate to that folder, click on it, select Ok, and then select Ok again. A single file (vcredist.exe) will be extracted. Open the temp folder and double-click on vcredist.exe to automatically install the runtime files. Delete the temporary setup files when done.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Bombtrack

Bombtrack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

I down loaded the file and did everything you said. I click on the vcredist.exe and nothing seems to happen. I get the hour glass for like a second and then nothing. quick time still gives me the same error. am I doing something wrong?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,143 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

Try uninstalling Quick Time, reboot and then reinstall it.

#5 Bombtrack

Bombtrack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

when I goto add or remove programs and click on quick time it gets to a certian point and then I get a fatal error during installation (not sure why it says installation I am trying to uninstall)

When I click on the uninstall in the quick time folder I get the installer encountered errors before the requested operations for Quicktime could be completed.

try again(more stuff to go with trying again)

any more ideals? Man I am stumped here

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,143 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

Try uninstalling while in "Safe Mode".

#7 Bombtrack

Bombtrack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

just tried that and it says it is in safe mode and the installer does work(I can't remember the message)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users