Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Services.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 eggy1004

eggy1004

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

i have a bunch of problems that occured a couple of days ago starting with the trojan/spyware/malware. whatever it is.
i think i pretty much god rid of most of of them but now i get this message, (i had previosly had this come up)The system process C:\\windows\system32\services.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code 1073741819.The system will shut down and then restart

i looked around in the forum and it said to go in hijackthis? sorry i don't know what that is im new to this place so is there anyone who can help me resolve this problem.

and also.
i wanted to boot from my xp cd but it wouldn't because i first installed from the cddrive. so my computer would start in dual boot system if thats what you call it.. windows media edition and windows xp.

so by wanting to get rid of the windows xp i deleted that part (the line with windowsxp) inthe boot.ini which was stupid cause i didn't know what i was doing.
so now when i start the computer i get the same dual boot sytem. with windows media edition and instead of windows xp. i get windows(default).

windows media edition
windows(default)

and when i go in windows default i get the message that System32\hal.dll is missing.

so i either fix the services.exe problem or if i can just reinstall my xp cd..=[

just want to get my laptop back to normal....=[

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

Hello eggy1004
HijackThis: A general homepage hijackers detector and remover. Initially based on the article Hijacked!, but expanded with a lot of other checks against hijacker tricks. It is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks. It does not target specific programs/URLs, just the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites.
As a result, false positives are imminent, and unless you are sure what you're doing, you should always consult with knowledgable the folks here before deleting anything. But before we send you there...
I believe this code to be the result of the Sasser worm follow these instructions and let us know how you do.
How To Remove The Sasser Virus
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 eggy1004

eggy1004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

ive had this problem before.
when running some programs. it won't open.

for the first step in the sasser virus. is to run shutdown/a nothing comes out.
then i tried like 2-3more times and just an outline of the rectangular box comes out and disappears.
as it had when i tried to run sfc /scannow.

Edited by boopme, 09 November 2007 - 10:35 PM.
{Mod Edit,Moved to more appropriate Forum~boopme}

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

Since you are already receiving help here, this thread is closed. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users