Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running Multiple Threads At Once Using Bluej (java)?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

What is the code to have several threads run at the same time? I don't know how to word this since I am very new to Java, but I want to make several things happen at once.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

You want multi-threading or concurrency. This isn't the type of process that you can just drop in some code and have it work. The usual practice is to see if you can simply create a thread, and once you do that, see if you can start and stop a thread, and then see if you can do something with a thread. I linked you to the Sun tutorial on concurrency that you will need, at a minimum, to understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users