Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Watch Online News Video Using Vista And Ie 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vicman

Vicman

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

Hello All,

While visiting CNN and any site that has video feed I get the following message "This CNN.com feature is optimized for Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher. You are currently using Flash Player 0"

I have installed the most recent player and still get the same message, tried to unistall it and reinstall it and still the same message. I am presently running Windows Vista Ultimate, 2 GB RAM 500GB HD, Nvidia 8300, all of windows updates have been downloaded.

I f visit the same site while using Firefox I have no problem. Can there be something conflicting with my IE 7 application?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

When you uninstalled the Flash Player, did you use Adobe's Flash Player Uninstaller? You can't simply remove the Flash Player using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel (or whatever the equivalent is in Vista):

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...7&sliceId=2

Also note that when installing the newest version of the Flash Player (after removing it as described at the above link), you'll need to install it twice: once for Internet Explorer and once for Firefox. There are different "instances" of the same version of the Flash Player -- one for Internet Explorer and one for Firefox:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

#3 Vicman

Vicman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

:huh:
M:

Thank you for the information and instructions. Everything is working great now.

Have a great weekend, and keep up the great work :huh:

Vicman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users