Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt Software Maybe?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ghead

ghead

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:32 AM

Ok well my computer has started to run really really slow lately and I was online when all of the sudden all my windows closed and some pop up box came up that said you might be infected with malware. But this pop up box was different than your average spam and it came from some site I've never been on and never heard of so I'm wondering if they were the cause.
Also before any of this happened I had Cyberdefender and AVG free editions runing at the same time and about a month after installing Cyberdefender it's symbol which is usually a yellow C turned red and it it would'nt work any more. I'm wondering if having two antivirus programs at the same time messed them up? And maybe allowed spyware, malware etc... to get into my system and slow everything way down. I've had to remove the Cyberdefender program from the add and remove programs panel twice now, it came back a little while after I removed it the first time. Whats going on? Could my antispy antivirus, etc.. progams have become corrupted? What should I do?
Right now I have AVG free edition and SuperAntiSpyware free edition, ZoneAlarm free edition, A-Squared free edition, and AD-Aware free edition.
Also when I scan with AVG it keeps pulling up and putting in it's virus vault something called "Kernel 32 change" or something like that, it never pulled that up before what does that mean?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

Looking around on the web for removing Cyber Defender, it seems it is difficult to remove.
Suggest you post a Hijack This log.
Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post a log in this forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Here is one link to a review of Cyber Defender.
http://www.2-spyware.com/review-cyberdefen...yware-2006.html

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users