Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Defrag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 goku65

goku65

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:10 AM

Moved from Business Applications forum.

Just curious what program seems to be the best defrag for vista ive been using O&O and that seems to hang up every now and then. I dont like the one that came with the computer. defrags and says theres still fragmentation. any suggestions on free defrags????
Thanks for the help in advance.

i am runnning vista. 32 bit vers.

Edited by Papakid, 08 November 2007 - 10:23 AM.
Added notice that topic had been moved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

I'm on Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and use Defraggler, which is free. It even allows you to defrag individual files. Sorry I don't have the URL handy, but a quick Google search will find it.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

You can also use

SpeeDefrag 5.0.1

Auslogics Disk Defrag
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

try this one,,, its free, quick & easy,,, three of my favorate things.
http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag/
good luck,,,,,,,, Marbles
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 Hauzer

Hauzer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:30 PM

Use Defraggler as someone mentioned in this topic, I reccomend it.. it's probably the best out there, and it's still in it's beta position.

http://www.defraggler.com/ ...

Brought to by the makers of CCleaner & Recuva, also known as Piriform.

Also, on Defraggler, if you wish to Defrag your whole Hard drive, right click on your hard drive and click "Defrag", it's the longest one thought, but it's also the best.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hello members

Defraggler is a Beta as such it is a product in a test mode. That means kinks and bugs are still being worked out on it.
Hence I would advise anyone to use such products with extra caution. I do not recommend using betas to any one myself nor do the staff here at Bleeping Computer in general. Usage may require advanced knowledge should a glitch occur.
Also one may have a false sense of it working flawlessly or reliably.

Thanks for being part of the forum
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

I've carried over from XP to Vista with Vopt (now in version 8). It does what I want it to do - and it does it when I tell it to. It also defrags the MFT and the pagefile (well, not my pagefile since I keep it on a separate drive).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:49 AM

Hello members

Defraggler is a Beta as such it is a product in a test mode.

Ooops, I had forgotten that it's still in beta. :huh: Sorry, and thanks for the reminder. :huh:

#9 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

Post has been split and new topic created in All other Applications.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116078/o-and-o-defrag/

To avoid confusion and provide continuity for the new thread,
I am closing this topic.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users