Please follow the the instructions in BC's self-help tutorial
: How to remove MalwareAlarm
Next, download RogueRemover
and save to you Desktop. (compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista)
If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover and follow the prompts.
- During installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- If the program does not open after installation, double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch.
- Select "Check for Updates" and click Download if any are found.
- Wait for the updates to finish downloading, then Close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and follow the onscreen directions to remove anything found.
- If nothing is found, exit RogueRemover.
- If RogueRemover finds something, it will present a list of detected items.
- Click "Remove selected", then Yes at the prompt.
- Wait for the removal to complete and then close RogueRemover.
Then download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
- Under "General and Startup", make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
- Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
- Click the Scanning Control tab.
- Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
- Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
- Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Click Close to exit the program.