Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Starry Pictures

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cavipk

cavipk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

hi,

Can anybody teach me the way to make an starry picture like this:
Posted Image

And i would be highly greatful if you teach me to make stars twinkle too :thumbsup: .

:inlove:

MOD EDIT: LINK<---That's the link that's not working. It's still not working, although now you can see it. ~ stevealmighty

oops, im sorry, i deleted that link :flowers: , updated another one :trumpet:

Edited by cavipk, 09 November 2007 - 12:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:34 AM

Hey cavipk!

I just wanted to let you know that the link for your image doesn't work. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 clockradio

clockradio

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

With Photoshop (but probably works with any application)

1. Make new layer (I make a new layer because the background layer is limited) and color it black
2. Make new layer and airbrush and/or watercolor a purplelish-blue for those novas (I think that's what they are). Once you're done, reduce the opacity to what
you see fit.
3. Make new layer and draw a bunch of white speckles for stars.
4. Duplicate that layer and make it an "add" layer and gaussian blur it to what you see fit.
5. Make a new layer and airbrush bluish, purpleish, or pinkish (space colors) dots (size depends on how big the big stars are)
6. Duplicate that layer, make it an "add" layer, and gaussian blur it.
7. Make a new layer and draw the big stars. They should look like + signs.
8. Duplicate that layer, make it an "add" layer, and gaussian blur it.

This is what I got in 5 minutes:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/Xeele/starrycopy.jpg

#4 Zhanshi

Zhanshi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:16 AM

If you want stars to twinkle, you can do what clockradio did, and then duplicate the layers of the stars that you want to twinkle, and make them brighter. And open it in Adobe Imageready, and play around with the animation tools until it suits your needs. :thumbsup: (you can save the final product as a GIF or SWF file)

Edited by Zhanshi, 15 November 2007 - 12:17 AM.

#5 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

Here's a free plugin (filter) that I've used quite successfully, sometimes alone, sometimes in conjunction with other plugins and images:

VM Natural Sparkle Filter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users