Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Dec Z545

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tke852

tke852

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:10 AM

So I have this
HP z545 DEC
Windows XP Media Center 2005 with Rollup 2
3.4 Ghz Pent 4 HT
2gb DDR memory
500 Gb SATA drive
18x Samsumg SATA DVD Burner
Dual 22" Samsung Syncmasters Lcd's

The problem I'm having is with the front panel display
It never updates with info, just scrolls "Welcome to the HP Digital Entertainment Center"

I have a second HP z545 that updates, ie. when I use the Media Center software it will display the television show title, the channel number, what time it is and wireless signal strength.

I've searched online forums for weeks and can't find out how to get the first one to do the same as the second one. Anyone have any suggestions? I've downloaded the latest update for the panel from HP and still no dice. thanx in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:40 PM

I don't have a Media Center system, but I do video captures.

You should have a software package installed which performs the capture, scheduling, etc. functions.

On my ATI AIW 9600, it's really several different programs, all of which install from the ATI CD when drivers install for the video card.

Do you have anything similar?

As to why things don't work...could be any number of answers, but my first guess is always file corruption (which can be overcome by uninstalling/reinstalling the chosen app or group of apps).

Is you system current with critical updates?

Are the exact same programs installed on the two systems?

Louis

#3 tke852

tke852
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

I decided to clone the HDD of the working computer and that seemed to work so far.

"Are the exact same programs installed on the two systems?"

Thanks for the advice

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

Happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 tke852

tke852
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:53 AM

New problem, now the program guide in media center will not list any data. the second computer is running fine. So now I don't know what happend. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users