Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chinese Toys Containing 'date Rape' Drug

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

Chinese-made toys containing 'date rape' drug are pulled

Well I guess it isn't enough to have leaded paint in their toys. Is no one watching the store over there. This to me is getting to be a serious situation. I wonder what we may be missing.

Two children in the U.S. and three in Australia were hospitalized after swallowing the beads. In the United States, the toy goes by the name Aqua Dots, which are distributed by Spin Master Toys based in Toronto.

Full Story
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

The quickest way to get the Chinese to reticfy their quality control problems with toys is for everyone to stop buying their stuff for a year.
That'll hit'em in the pocketbook as well as slow down their nuclear weapons program a bit.
25% of all their profits from exports are put into their WMD programs.
X

#3 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

That'll hit'em in the pocketbook as well as slow down their nuclear weapons program a bit.

I presume that, by this, you mean improving the weapons they already have?

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:04 AM

A picture to Identify the toys. Note the seal on the right side of the package for Irony.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:18 PM

That's why we in Croatia hate to buy things that are made in China. They are making millions of copies, without even thinking of what they are making and what are they putting in! All that matters is to publicize their products and to sell as much as possible, and earn a lot of money from it. They don't respect ideas and quality, and they are stealing ideas.
The saddest thing is that it's working, because their products are very cheap... :thumbsup:
I think is better to spend some more money, but then, you are at least sure you bought something that is worth of the money.
People live to learn, and learn to live...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users