Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Exchange & Avast Antivirus Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gonrod

Gonrod

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with my Outlook 2007 setup at the moment.

System:

Outlook 2007 running on an Business Exchange server hosted by Mail2Web. Avast version 4.7.1043. Windows XP Home SP 2. 0.75 Gb ram, pleanty of HDD (20Gb+).

Until last Thursday this setup ran smoothly. No programs installed since. Now when outlook starts, it gets as far as the blue default background, and then prompts for the log-in for Exchange. It gets no further, and sits at 0% processor indefinitely (have given it a couple of hours). I also use the same exchange account on my laptop, and it's still working fine.

Repair of Office and removal and reinstallation of Avast has not helped. Antivirus scan, Ad-Aware and Spynetbot all scan okay.

Outlook can be started in safe mode without problem, but I canít find any sign of a problem. It just doesnít work. Avast tech support gave no help, suggesting a conflict with another AV program (there isnít one)

Iím flummoxed, any ideas from anyone. All help appreciated!

Gord.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users