Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop with Win XP Pro!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wldcwbypilot

wldcwbypilot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

As of yesterday morning, my laptop is doing some crazy stuff. It boots to screen where you have to manually boot the computer. When it does boot up, the desk top begins loading multiple mail alerts from yahoo and the desk top icons begin flashing. I am so frustrated, I am going ot have to reformat the hard disk. the dell recovery disc will not let me reformat. I have tried to boot from the disc, but it goes directly to the manual boot screen. Do I have to go into config sys and make my cd rom drive the boot drive first? Will I be able to format the hard drive from there? thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Will

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

The manual boot screen should give you the option to boot from the cd? Is it not doing so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users