Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Up Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rmns5

rmns5

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:34 PM

I was doing some research and clicked on a file that must of had a video and needed to install some files andI meant to click cancel and I hit run. Now Everytime we log into the internet we get a pop up saying "Notice: Your system is infected and your computer performance is not at the highest level. Full system optimization will greatly your computer's performance and prevent data loss. Download antispyware to clean your computer and increase the safety of your computer! (recommended)" I have run Norton and Adaware and it keeps popping up! Norton detected nothing!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

Yep. I'd have to say that you are.

Please proceed to follow ALL the instructions on this page.

If you still seem to be having any kind of problems the proceed with the last step.... of course you could always post A log anyways, just to be sure.

As I said before though: Make sure you follow all the instructions as it will only impair our ability to help you.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:54 PM

Are you sure the name of the application you were asked to download was antispyware?

If not, we have a self-help section for removing common malware. Please see the tutorials in the Spyware and Malware Removal Guides and check to see if its listed there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 rmns5

rmns5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

I copied the popup warning verbatem. I did update and run adaware until everything came up clean. The computer seems to be running normal now. No pop up and my google search is not redirecting me to unwanted sites.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

The pop ups may have stopped but there may be more related malware files on your system that Ad-aware did not find. I suggest you see the tutorial "How To Remove IE Defender" and investigate for any of the bad files listed. If they are on your system, then follow the guide to remove them.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users