Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer - Security Warning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ghorfa91

ghorfa91

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:15 AM

Hello there,

i am trying to install KAzaa media desktop, but i am facing the problem when trying to install files which require a digital signature. Mostly I am stuck with ‘cab’ files and the Internet Explorer - Security Warning states

"Publisher is unknown. This file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.

I have a Win XP operating system and I.E. 6.

Kindly advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:46 AM

This is your computer telling you DO NOT INSTALL KAZAA!

Kazaa comes with so much spyware and other malware you are better off not installing it

#3 paperghost

paperghost

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

Agreed, there are plenty of P2P software packages out there with no junk preloaded - though that doesn't mean you're not going to get a nasty surprise when you start downloading files...

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

If you insists on P2P filesharing,be prepared to get viruses, even if you take extra precautions.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 preventiveguru

preventiveguru

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:55 PM

Microsoft is continuesly testing widely used applications and approve to run on Windows. Your error message meand KAZZA is not yet been approved or tested.

You can still click "OK" button and install KAZZA.

As the others said you better take precautions. MAke sute that you virus definitions are up-todate and you are using a solid anti spyware tool.

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:37 PM

Kazaa is really bad for spyware. Do yourself a favor and don't use it. It will cause no end of problems. Have a look at Spyware info's list of clean and infected file sharing programs

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users