Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aupd.exe & Tmp.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Geovanni

Geovanni

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

every time i open internet explorer or turn to a different page it always pop up tmp###tmp.exe. whether i want to open it or not. if i say yes it closes it, but if i say no it keep popping up.

when i open firefox it pops up if i want to allow aupd.exe or not. i choose no and it doesn't pop up again until i open up firefox from beginning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

That is related to Begin2Search

Begin2Search is a browser plug-in that installs as a toolbar in Internet Explorer and displays advertising on the desktop.
Begin2Search monitors the user's browsing search queries and changes browser settings. Begin2Search may also redirect search requests. Some variants may download additonal software without the user's knowledge and consent.

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'.
The HJT log will open in notepad.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

*****In the topic box, mention that this is a Vista computer

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users