Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chasleroy

chasleroy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

Printer: MFC420CN, Windows XP.
Is there a way to stop printing unwanted multiple pages? Key (I.E., Esc, Pause/break, etc.??)
Happens when I'm not careful to setup to select "Current page" or page number, or use Print Icon.
Could not find anything in user guide.
Thanks, Charles

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 06 November 2007 - 11:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

The only way I've found is to shut down the printer, I had to unplug mine, and when the computer showed the error I cleared the print job. Then started over. There might be a better way, I certainly hope so, but I don't know what it is.... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

you may want to get the firmware update and the drivers from this page and see if you can get more control over the printer.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/p...glish&dlid=

Edited by Robert Isbell, 11 November 2007 - 04:28 PM.

#4 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

Haven't tried it with my current printer, but on my old HP DeskJet I was able to create a shortcut on my desktop to the printer command to stop the current print job. I could then go in and delete it from the queue. Maybe you can do the same?

Oh, another possibility.... Before I discovered I could make the shortcut, I'd just pull all the paper out of the printer. That caused an error message, of course, but nothing worse than saying the printer was out of paper. Again, that gave me the opportunity to delete the job from the queue.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users