Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sunbelt Counter Spy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dryver

Dryver

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:02 PM

Hello, I've recently used Counter Spy, and decided that it was really slowing things down, so I tried to unistall it, and lo and behold, there was no uninstaller. I contacted Sunbelt and they sent me a list of everything I needed to delete, I did that, manually, OK, the problem is that now whenever I click on one of my 130 or so, other applications, I get a little window telling me that Counter Spy is installing.. Counter Spy is calling up the windows installer, from somewhere, and I can't find it, to get rid of it.. I've waited about a week for a response from Sunbelt, but it's really starting to chap my butt. I'm hoping somebody here can HELP me.. Thank You

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

Welcome to BC
First try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility If that doesn't help there are manual removal instructions here
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Dryver

Dryver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

Hi Mark, Thank You for your reply, you actually sent me more complete uninstall instructions than I received from Sunbelt, the links for Reinstalling Windows Script Host 5.6, Windows Installer 3.1 , and MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh, were very helpful.. I had received the same uninstall text from Sunbelt and had done exhaustive file and registry searches and removed all items specified in the text,, and Windows Installer was still being called up to install SBCS whenever I clicked on other applications. Both you and Sunbelt suggested running Windows Installer clean up utility, as I did, and there was no mention of Sunbelt in the list, but there were 2 entries that only had numbers, no names.. Well I got a little brave and removed both of them, and viola, the problem solved !! Again, Thank You, for being there. And have a great day and a better tomorrow...

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

Glad it worked and thank you for posting back with the results
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users