Ok, with that said, I throw myself (and my computer) to your mercy for your help. I have done EVERYTHING (with the exception of the rules post, that is in progress right now (I have one problem there)).
Before I continue, when attempting to install AAW2007.exe, I get the error "The system administrator has set policies that prevent this instalation" So, I need help there first and foremost.
I am running stinger as I type (I'm on my laptop, and my desktop is the toasty box). I am also trying a program I located on Yahoo! Answers, called Spyware Terminator.
Pending I can get this or AAW to work, I will get a HJT log up here.
Here are my symptoms:
- Strange Securtiy Center Popups
- Taskbar Notifications, and Critical Error messages (as if they were legitimate from windows.
- AVG Free 7 reports the system is clean, however...
- Spybot S&D locates 3 or 4 reg entries EVERY TIME. Even after manualy deleting them.
- 2 Icons on my desktop (Online Security Guide, and Live Safety Center) (will provide a reference link if needed).
- undeletable file referenced by the registry keys (C:/windows/system32/szwrpsor.dll) Manual Delete Fails (even in safemode)
Please hurry, but don't mis diagnose me. I will get a HJT log up after stinger finishes.
EDIT: HJT Log Attached.
EDIT 2: Spyware Terminator has found 5 Critical Objects. I will provide the information from the scan as soon as it completes.
Edited by ZoomerX, 06 November 2007 - 08:25 PM.