Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With _________ (diagnosis Pending)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZoomerX

ZoomerX

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

I hereby damn the person who wrote this virus. May I find them and blow their brains right out of their head.

Ok, with that said, I throw myself (and my computer) to your mercy for your help. I have done EVERYTHING (with the exception of the rules post, that is in progress right now (I have one problem there)).

Before I continue, when attempting to install AAW2007.exe, I get the error "The system administrator has set policies that prevent this instalation" So, I need help there first and foremost.

I am running stinger as I type (I'm on my laptop, and my desktop is the toasty box). I am also trying a program I located on Yahoo! Answers, called Spyware Terminator.

Pending I can get this or AAW to work, I will get a HJT log up here.

Here are my symptoms:
  • Strange Securtiy Center Popups
  • Taskbar Notifications, and Critical Error messages (as if they were legitimate from windows.
  • AVG Free 7 reports the system is clean, however...
  • Spybot S&D locates 3 or 4 reg entries EVERY TIME. Even after manualy deleting them.
  • 2 Icons on my desktop (Online Security Guide, and Live Safety Center) (will provide a reference link if needed).
  • undeletable file referenced by the registry keys (C:/windows/system32/szwrpsor.dll) Manual Delete Fails (even in safemode)
Please help me. I need to get this computer back on the network ASAP. It's critical. My laptop barely runs windows XP, let alone anything else.

Please hurry, but don't mis diagnose me. I will get a HJT log up after stinger finishes.

Thanks

Z

EDIT: HJT Log Attached.
EDIT 2: Spyware Terminator has found 5 Critical Objects. I will provide the information from the scan as soon as it completes.

Attached Files

Edited by ZoomerX, 06 November 2007 - 08:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 amateur

amateur

Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,775 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

Hello and welcome to BC. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay in response. If you haven't received help elsewhere and still need help with your issues, please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to help you.

#3 amateur

amateur

Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,775 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:58 PM

Due to lack of response, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please PM me with the address of the thread.and we will reopen it for you. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users