Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xblock

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LionsMike

LionsMike

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

I first contacted Bleeping computer on 10/31 very late. I have been receiving messages from Xblock about my registration on November 1st. Is XBlock one of the areas that you sent me to when I first started searching for my problem

Mike

Old Fart with history in Vacume Tube computers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

I went through all of your post. None of the links provided to you would lead to xblock
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 LionsMike

LionsMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

Are they a legitimate group or is it possinbe that they put the backdoor trojan into my computer. Go to the web site. It does not look very proffesional.

I started to receive messages from them shortly after I made contact with BleepingComputer.com. If they are legit it is possibe that I had looked into them before I found Bleeping... but I have no recolection of having done so.

It is possibe that they are going and reading posts on Bleeping..... and contacting people. I moderated the AOL AV site for several years and I know all too well the value of working with only one help site. at a time.

Mike

Old Fart with history in Vacume Tube computers

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

I've never heard of them, but they're linked to Spywareinfo.com
http://www.spywareinfo.com/xscan.php
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

I started to receive messages from them shortly after I made contact with BleepingComputer.com. If they are legit it is possibe that I had looked into them before I found Bleeping... but I have no recolection of having done so.

It is very possible that around the same time that your first contacted BC you went to some other site that caused them to contact you or it is just a coincidence.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users