Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Old Isp Inf. From Title Bar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ldg

ldg

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:53 AM

We had a previous ISP and after switching from provider A to B we removed A's program. B works just fine, but we still have old provider A's name appearing on the top bar of our screen. IE: The very top bar, the dark blue one, has the Blue E Icon, then Google - A - Internet. How do I remove that A- Internet? Not that its a problem by just being there but we have also found that when we go to, say RV websites and you mark a option for them to Send in Formation on a product, the screen pops up with our old A ISP's address and of course then when we fill it out it is rejected. Is this do to some kind of a cookie issue that still remains hidden on our PC?

I have run "Search", all files and folders - with no success. It is no where in Install or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. It shows up no where in my Internet Connections. No doubt somewhere in all the information you have here, it is posted but honestly I am not computer savey enough to even know what I'm looking for in this case (I've tried :-). Thank You for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

It's a registry issue...see http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:49 AM

This utility should be able to remove it, it's free and the instructions are easy to follow.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 ldg

ldg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

Thanks dc3 I need easy :-). I'll try it right now. Thx to you and Louis.

#5 ldg

ldg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Well, we got her fixed and I ended up doing it manually, Louis, by the instructions you had written in your post. Very simple, almost anti-cilmatic after all the research and looking around I did. dc3, when I went to the website you referred to my popup blocker was going off so often it sounded like a machine gun :-). No doubt it would have worked just went back and read Louis's referance and went with that. Again, Thank You Both! :thumbsup:

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users