Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problems!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sammyd

sammyd

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:12 AM

Hello, i hope someone will be able to help.

i upgraded my operating system to XP home from 98 a while ago and since then my sound hasnt worked.

well thats not entirely true, i can get around 20minutes of sound through the headphones (not the speakers) then it cuts out, this is wats confused me. :thumbsup:

music tracks start playing in media player etc, but i cant hear them, iv been told that they wouldnt play at all if the problem was my soundcard (true?)

my speakers are 'cambridge soundworks creative'. i dont think my speakers are the problem because they were fine before the upgrade, unless they are not compatible with XP.

im not too sure wat make and model my soundcard is.

if anyone has any suggestions i'd be very grateful!!

cheers, sam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:19 PM

Have you tried checking to see if there are new XP drivers available for your sound card at the sound card's manufactuer site?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users