Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Change The Default Option Of Opening A Partition In The "my Computer"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aparichit

aparichit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:23 PM

On double clicking on a partition in "MY COMPUTER" the SEARCH window is starting instead of showing the contents of that partition. In order to see the contents of a partition I have to right click on the same and select "OPEN" from the options. I am not able to change that default search option.

Please provide me the solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

Welcome to BC aparichit

Run CHKDSK on that drive and try Doug Knox's folder_open.vbs if you continue to have problems.
Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. If you have a script blocking program you may receive an alert and have to give permission to allow it to continue. A confirmation dialog will appear when finished.

If the above does not resolve the issue then your symptoms could be related to a flash drive infection. In that case download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users