Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting 2 Computers To A Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NFWE

NFWE

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

Hi,
I have a desktop pc set up that is using a Belkin wireless router and a netgear wireless adapter to connect to the intranet. This all works fine. However, I also have a laptop that I take home occasionally that I want to be able to access the Intranet on. The laptop is set up with wireless connection at work and works fine. They are both using Windows XP.
When I attempt to connect the laptop at home and select the correct home wireless connection it states that there is limited or no connectivity. Checking the ip settings it does not seem able to find a default gateway. I have tried running a repair on this but it makes no difference.

I may be missing the obvious thing here but am really struggling

Thanks for any assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

Please tell us the Model of the Belkin Wireless Router and the Laptopś Wi-Fi Card.
The Wi-Fi card info can be found in device manager or on the Card itself if itīs
detatchable. Also, this is important because the Laptop should be using the
Same 802.11 spec as the Router or something thatīs backwards compatable.
IE: 802.11b,g,n Etc

There could also be interference causing your issuPlease Post back the info
requested and weīll do our best to assist you.

#3 NFWE

NFWE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:18 AM

Hi,
The router is a Belkin ADSL 802.11g. The Wi-fi card is (I am not sure if this the info that you need - please let me know) Intel® pro-wireless 3945abg network connection.

If anything else is needed please ask.

thanks for you help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users