Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dreamweaver And Dreamweaver Cs3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bamamcall

Bamamcall

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:56 PM

I bought some DVD's on Dreamweaver and also I am getting a copy weaver. What is the difference between 8 and CS3. It look like like some of the add ons lumped in together.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:45 AM

Hey Bamamcall!

The primary difference is that it'll run better on Intel based Macs. That was the primary reason for CS3, I believe. CS2 (along with Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver) wouldn't run as smoothly and their performance wasn't as great with the Intel based Macs.

Also, Adobe bought out Macromedia, so Flash and Dreamweaver are apart of Adobe now (another reason CS3 came out). So, old Adobe products like GoLive are no longer there. So, from what I've read, there's a better integration between the programs, such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop that there wasn't before.

There's more here to read up. There isn't a HUGE change between versions, it was mostly due to the fact that Macromedia was bought out by Adobe and that Macs had Intel processors and CS2 often crashed on them (It pissed off some of my professors in college last semester when they got the new computers).

If you have a Mac, you might want to either upgrade or go to CS3. If you have Windows, you can stay with 8 unless you'd like to go to the new version.

I hope this helped! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 Bamamcall

Bamamcall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:23 AM

I helped a bunch. I will just buy a copy of 8 and see how I do with it. If i get interested I may get a newer version. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users