Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop Is Possessed - Any Exorcists Out There?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trvlgrl64

trvlgrl64

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

Brand new HP Pavilion tx1000 - I've searched for answers but can't find any - not sure if I just need to take it back to Best Buy or throw it out of my moving car?

Here are some of it's favorite tricks:

Highlighting random things for no reason
Open and shutting programs
Sending email before I hit "send" (one of my personal favorites :thumbsup: )

Basically it has its own mind - random opening and closing of various things!

Could this be Vista or is it the actual computer?

Any help/thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated - I'm at my wits end (...and it didn't take too long to get there!)

Thanks!

Lauri

Edited by boopme, 04 November 2007 - 11:10 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:36 PM

sounds like the track pad buttons might be acting up as all are click actions. check for debris under or around the actual buttons

Posted Image

#3 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

It could be the sensitivity on the mousepad is too sensitive, on newer laptops you could push down on it to click, my dads was like that for a while, he changed it.

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#4 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

It does sound like a hardware or configuration problem. The first thing to do would be to plug an external mouse into a USB port and disable the touchpad and buttons. If the problem goes away, the next step would be to try adjusting the sensitivity of the touchpad and buttons. Or keep using the real mouse, which is the easiest thing to do.

If the problem persists with the mouse connected and the touchpad, etc., disabled, then it might be time to pay a trip back to the store.

And all computers come with a translated-from-Spanish novel about a guy named "Manual". :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users