Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Returnil

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

I found this "free" program (Returnil) and was wondering if it is worthwhile to download and if it's easy to use.
Thanks
Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

This appears to be a virtualization program. It creates a sort of "sandbox" where you can do what you want and any changes made will not be permanent. This is useful if don't have internet security programs or if you have many guests using your computer. Some schools use programs like this to keep students from making long-lasting changes to the computer; think DeepFreeze. If you make alot of major changes to Windows and if you're unsure of the results, I can understand using this. Just simply reboot to restore. For some users, I don't see the need for this program if you're the sole user, if you don't surf to dangerous sites, or if you have a good internet security program.

3939.png

#3 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Thanks DJBPace07. Just the reply I needed. The family and I are the only ones using the computer so I guess I will pass on this program.
Thanks again
Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users