Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacing A Lcd Backlight

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alexdbest2000

alexdbest2000

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

my benq lcd recently failed on me, im pretty sure its the blacklight. it turns on and you can just barely see the benq logo, then the desktop in the right light.

this is my backlight right?
how much will i be spending to replace it?
do computer repair shops offer repairs for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

im not quite sure how pc shops in countries other then australia work, but generally you are better off (financially wise) in getting a new one...

edit:spelling

Edited by 4ward_tristan, 04 November 2007 - 06:40 PM.

=)

#3 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:45 PM

cheaper and safer to get another monitor.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:39 AM

A few BenQ models do have occasional backlight failure. The vast majority of "black screen" faults are caused by the backlight inverter. Most models have this integrated in the power supply board. If it's out of warranty (in Australia BenQ carry a 3 year warranty unless they are re-work units), an inverter fault can probably be repaired for about half the cost of a new monitor, or maybe a little less.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:19 AM

I'd check into a monitor, I highly doubt it'll be cheaper to fix it, and it's not exactly a guarantee that it'll work if you do try fixing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users