Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kimr

kimr

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

I have been using Vista for the past several months and have either bought new hardware or figured out software quirks to make everything work - except one.

I am a photographer and have many years worth of images archived on cd's and dvd's. When someone wants to buy an image I go to the archived raw image and reprocess it from scratch because I can do a better job now than I did then.

My problem is that Vista will not allow me to see all the images on my cd's. It registers the folders but tells me the folders are empty.

My solution is to load the images into my XP laptop and then transfer them using Foldershare to my Vista computer. :huh:

This is a pain - is there a way around this?

BTW, I am running my software as administrator......

Thanks in advance - you folks are terrific!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:29 AM

Hi here a link from Microsoft but may not help much. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927530
MCP
MSDST

#3 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:55 AM

My problem is that Vista will not allow me to see all the images on my cd's. It registers the folders but tells me the folders are empty.

My solution is to load the images into my XP laptop and then transfer them using Foldershare to my Vista computer. :huh:

I've had similar problems with image files created while using XP SP2. I'm no pro like you, but I do a fair amount of graphics work in an older graphics editor (Paint Shop Pro 8), which is definitely not supported by Vista. But, in addition to running it as admin, I also run it in compatibility mode for XP. By using PSP's browser, I can see all my old and new image files.

Also (and I wish I could remember the details involved), when using Windows Explorer and looking at a folder that contains files I *know* are there but not visible, I discovered a link on the toolbar that says something like Compatible Files or Incompatible Files. When I pressed it, lo & behold the missing files were listed. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a simultaneous listing of both sets of files.

Hope there's some useful info here for you. I'm still struggling to learn Vista myself. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users