Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Slow Windows Media Player 11 With Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andymirasol

andymirasol

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:43 AM

Hi everyone, i have down-graded from Windows Vista Home Basic back to Windows XP Pro and now my media player is very very slow in opening any type of video file, and it refuses to open any .wmv file at all.Before when i launched any file with media player it would open up straight away too and know it seems to have a minute or two thinking about opening then you see a pop up box downloading the file u have clicked on briefly then the player opens and plays.Am i missing codecs or do i have a virus or malware?
Hope you can help thanks!!

Downloaded k lite codec pack ,thats solved the wmv and dvd files it wouldnt play but it still takes ages to open any web based media files

Edited by andymirasol, 04 November 2007 - 06:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

When you installed XP did you then install all the hardware drivers; in particular, the video driver?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 andymirasol

andymirasol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:26 AM

Hiya, i just installed from cd and then ran through all the updates on microsoft update website,i downloaded the windows media player 11 from here too,is there other stuff i need to download also?

Edited by andymirasol, 05 November 2007 - 03:27 AM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:30 AM

What is the make and model number of your computer? And if you know what video card you have tell us that also.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 andymirasol

andymirasol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:49 PM

hi my computer is made by AIT and the graphic card is a NVidia Geforce 7100 GS does this info help, thanks.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:59 AM

You can download the latest video driver here.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users