Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Super Antispyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Junior2007

Junior2007

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

Hello,

I recently downloaded/installed Super Antispyware on my HP Pavillion PC running Vista Home Premium. The computer has 4 separate accounts, mine, my Wife, and 2 for my kids. I am the Administrator account. Under my settings I can run the program fine, but if I try it under one of the 3 other accounts I get a popup saying all scanning must take place from an administrator account, and will not let me utilize the program from the 3 other accounts.

When I installed it, the program asked if I wanted access only via my account, or for anyone who uses the computer. I checked any users, so that it would run from any other user, but this is not working. I also run AdAware 2007, AVG Anti Spyware, and Spybot S & D, and these are all accessible under all 4 accounts. Super Antispyware just isn't working with the 3 other accounts. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maabsta

Maabsta

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

You might want to go into your computer settings. There is an option where only Administrator's can install/change programs. If this is set no other user can access programs like Superantispyware. My dad had our old family computer like this and the only way I could find around it was to make myself the admin. Just a thought feel free to add in.

Edited by quietman7, 04 November 2007 - 08:46 AM.

#3 Junior2007

Junior2007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

Well,

It seems Super Antispyware acts differently than the other spyware programs that I currently run on my computer. Vista required me to set all the users to administrator status. Now all users are able to activate/run the program. This is odd, but then again, it is Vista!

I do like Vista so far, and at the very least I have the option to change the user settings as I see fit, since it is MY computer, and I'm not sure the others would know how to change the settings. Thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users