Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Want To Learn Actionscript

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

Ok so i logged on today, and my IM buddy showed me a game he made with action script... i thought it was pretty cool, so i wanted to learn actionscript myself. I checked BC's Tutorials, but results were as dry as the desert. Do i need any specific computer requirements, or download any programs, list links to files if you can...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:46 AM

Is this something he made through Flash?
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 Master5270

Master5270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

Yes i believe so.

#4 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:15 AM

You'll have to buy Adobe Flash first. Then you can check here at Flash Kit and ActionScript.Org for tutorials and actionscript help. :thumbsup:

Edited by Noot, 03 November 2007 - 11:23 AM.

Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#5 SillyRope x

SillyRope x

• Classroom
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

i used to use flash about a year ago... my best guess would be to DL the 30-day trial from adobe for Flash MX and search for tutorials for it... its not just action script based, but you can make complete graphical games using it... but it is better to give it a try first hand and have alot of patience, its easy but its even easier if you use animations that you make in the flash program to help with it... it will take time to learn, as most programming languages do, but when its all said and done, its very fun to make games using it....

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users