Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does My Mouse Hate My New Mouse Mat?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

Hi, my old plain red mouse mat wore out so I've just bought a new one with pics of yachts and the sea on it, but my mouse has gone all jerky and erratic, could the mat be causing it?
(It's an optical mouse and has worked fine for ages, a pretty red light shines out of the bottom. Incidentally is it a laser?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Temporarily try something different under the mouse & see if it comes good. Some patterns on mousemats can confuse optical mice, yes. The illumination is from a Light Emitting Diode (LED), so no laser. Motion is sensed by detecting the movement of the position of a pattern read from the surface by a basic image sensor (CCD), some mousemats prevent this from working reliably. I've had a couple where the position jerks & jumps if I use an optical mouse.

Edited by Platypus, 02 November 2007 - 08:25 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users