Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Amison

Amison

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

Hello all, I hope you can help me with this.

I recently bought a Ati x1950 pro for my computer. seen HERE.

I have then bought this PSU. See HERE.

I connected everything up, put in the auxiliary power connection for the graphics card ect...
I then switched on the computer to find that I can't get a display. So i went back to onboard graphics and i got a display and I am able to boot into windows as I am on it now writing this. I know that it isn't a faulty graphics card, because I have had it tested by overclockers, that's where i bought the card from. There is more than enough power from the PSU, combined 50a on the 12v rail.

I have set it to pci-e in bios and still nothing.

I just don't know what else to try, please can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Amison

Amison
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:50 AM

Can anyone help? Any suggestions?

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:22 AM

If your running windows xp (hopefully works with vista too), go to start, control panel, system. Then when that box pops up go to the hardware tab, and click device manager at the top. You should see (in alphabetical order on the list) Display Adapters on the list that pops up. Click on the + sign so it opens up, and you should see your integrated graphics. Right click on your integrated graphics and click disable. Then try your graphics card in. Hopefully this works out for you!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Amison

Amison
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

Nope that didn't work. I just don't know what it could be. The graphics card has been tested and found not to be faulty. The PSU Is new and is more than enough to power it.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Can anyone else give me a suggestion on this problem?

Regards Jason

#5 Amison

Amison
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

I took my graphics card up my cousins today and he tested it in his computer and it works. I am now thinking I could have a damaged pci-e bus. What do you lot think? Do you think i should contact the place where i bought the motherboard from and rma it back to them as it is new?

Regards Jason

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

I guess it might be something wrong with your motherboard. Even if you have integrated graphics, when you put a graphics card in, the graphics card usually becomes the default display.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users