Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Security Test

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

Scanit has apparently updated there browser test , if you've never been there before it's a good place to check out how secure your browser is. (I've used it for years) They test on a specific browser type, IE, Firefox, Opera . They will attempt to crash your browser and then on your return will tell you what the cause was. You no longer need to allow JS for it to work but you will need to allow a perm cookie to be set, after the test you can delete it. http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/
my results :

* Passed Mozilla crashes with evidence of memory corruption - passed
* Passed Mozilla crashes with evidence of memory corruption - passed
* Passed Adobe Flash Player video file parsing integer overflow - passed
* Passed Mozilla crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.8.1.5) - passed
* Passed Apple QuickTime MOV file JVTCompEncodeFrame heap overflow - passed
* Passed Mozilla code execution via QuickTime Media-link files - passed
* Passed Mozilla crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.8.1.8) - passed

Congratulations! The test has found no vulnerabilities in your browser!

the first "Passed" is a green check mark on their site
the old test is still available as well

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HIPPO1023

HIPPO1023

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

Thanks

My Result:

* Adobe Flash Player video file parsing integer overflow - passed
* Opera JavaScript invalid pointer arbitrary code execution - passed
* Apple QuickTime MOV file JVTCompEncodeFrame heap overflow - passed

Congratulations! The test has found no vulnerabilities in your browser!

#3 flashback30

flashback30

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:54 AM

thanks for the link

#4 baker1

baker1

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/showresults.php browser security test-powered by scanit-the security company-great diagnostic tool for your computers browsing ability-it has been around awhile with even my paperwork indicating August 2003 as first time I tested Internet Explorer 6.0-Browser Security Items column is also very informative with Browsers Security Test Statistics a useful and informative way to illustrate the present state of the security of a given browser at a given point in time."Scanit's Browser Security Test automatically check your browser for various security problems.When the test is finished you get a complete report explaining the discovered vulnerabilities,their impact and how to eliminate them." We advise check- Run All available Tests

#5 hijakd

hijakd

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:29 AM

I've tried Gibson Research Shields Up.....as a PC weenie, it seemed pretty impressive to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users