Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Writer Problem.... Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nav2684

nav2684

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:13 AM

hi friends,

I have a cd writer.... but it has a opening problem. When I push the eject button it doesn't eject normally... then I have to insert a long pin in its small hole next to the push button... even after inserting the pin in the small hole... it takes a lot of time to open.... what should I do........!!!!!!!
Any valuable output will be appreciated........ :flowers: A BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE :thumbsup: ....... GOD BLESS YOU....

Naveen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

Does the LED on the front of the drive come on when you push the button to open it? Does the LED come on when you close the drive, and are you able to close the drive with the button? Once the drive is closed does read CDs?

The tray will use gears and a belt or just gears to open, if there is a failure of either it will not open normally. If the LED doesn't turn on and the drive doesn't read CDs then it would be a bad drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 nav2684

nav2684
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:59 AM

Hi dc3,

All is working fine as described by you. Only Ejecting problem with ROM is there......... Is there any way to solve this problem???

Thanks again.......

Naveen

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:31 AM

I just want to be sure that I understand this, does the tray close if you push the button?

Can you open the tray by right clicking on the drive in My Computer and then click on Eject?

One last thing to try is to go into the Device Manager and uninstall the drive, reboot the computer and see if the installation Wizard recognizes it a "found new hardware", it should then look for the proper drivers for it.

If all of this fails you may have a mechanical problem, if this is the case it's time for a new drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users