Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix Changelog

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jAW

jAW

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

Hello all.

Does anyone know if there is a changelog for Combofix posted somewhere? I have been trying to find one but I can't find neither that nor an official site. It would be nice to have, especially if it lists the different actions it takes.

/jAW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

Welcome to BC jAW

ComboFix Change logs and links to discussions as to how it works are not available for public viewing in order to safeguard the tool from malware writers.

You should not be using Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could adversely impact your system and prevent it from ever starting again.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 jAW

jAW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

Thank you for the reply.

Ok, good to know. I help a lot of people on a daily basis to remove different threats and infections, many of which have new variants of old goodies. So I just thought that it would be handy to know if these new files has been included in the ComboFix and what actions it takes on the system so that I know what I have to manually perform beside the ComboFix.

But I don't stand or fall with that information since I usually clean the systems manually and only use the automated tools as a last resort.

Thanks again.
jAW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users